There is a tire pyrolysis plant that has been approved at Route 7 and Mountain Road where the facilty currently has a tire shredding facility.
Background: The Zoning Rules State that Petroleum type processing belongs in a GI district but approved a plant that creates petroleum in a CI district right next to residential neighborhoods.
- Approximately 73,000 people live in a 6-mile radius from the proposed operation.
- With potential trade winds, this would extend the radius to 50 miles, and increase the amount of affected people tremendously.
- 16 Schools and countless Day Cares are in the 6 mile radius
- Immediate Affected towns:
- Secondary Affected Towns:
- Bel Air
- White Marsh
- Havre De Grace.
Really, all areas of Harford County should be concerned.
Dangers: Explosion of the plant and the escape of Hydrocarbon Gases and Hydrogen Sulfide gases into our air, land and water.
I am publishing a 3 part series that I am publishing in my blog.
Pay attention to this issue. It is very dangerous.